Monday, February 1, 2016

The Challenge #59 {A Sketch}

Hello friends and Welcome to a new month at The Challenge! It is Week One for the month and today we have a sketch challenge to inspire you! We also have a new Featured Designer for the month and a new designer joining our team!!! February is going to be VERY exciting!


Are you looking for last week's winner? Please CLICK HERE.

Each week we have a fun challenge for your to try!!! We do a different style of challenge each week! We like to mix things up and keep them fresh!

Here is the monthly rotation:
Week 1-Sketch
Week 2-Colours
Week 3-Photo Inspiration
Week 4-Masculine Photo Inspiration
Week 5-Wild Card (a surprise!)

This month we are thrilled to welcome Michelle Leone as our Featured Designer!


Hello!  My name is Michelle Leone and I am incredibly excited, and honored, to be invited to join in the February fun at The Challenge!  Just a bit about myself.......I am married (yikes - 30 years!), am the mother of three amazing young adults (ages 25, 23, and 21), and live in the Rochester, NY/Finger Lakes area. I love estate sales, public markets, food, wine, cooking/baking, my three kitties and anything Mackenzie-Childs. Although I have tried my hand at many, MANY crafty things, stamping has been my hobby of choice for the last 10 years or so. In addition, I began blogging in 2011 (http://prettyperiwinkle.blogspot.com), just so that I could take part in some of my favorite challenges. I am a DT member for CAS(E) this Sketch (my very first!), Frantic Stamper and The 12 Kits of Occasions - which inspire me to stretch my creative boundaries and also provide the opportunity to work with some amazingly talented and creative women!
Some of my card making 'favorites' : CAS cards with lots of white space (and maybe a little something "extra"), dies, happy colors, and best of all, the many generous and gifted bloggers/designers that continue to inspire!

We are also thrilled to welcome, Rachel Bergfeld to our team! Rachel has been a regular participant and we are absolutely delighted to have her join us!


Hi, I'm Rachel Bergfeld, and I'm an Indiana native who's been transplanted to Southwestern Arizona for the time being. I still feel like a newlywed (just over 2 years) and my husband and I have 2 dogs and 3 cats, but no human children yet. I started paper crafting in 2011 when I decided to try to make my own Thank You cards for my wedding. Little did I know that I was starting a full-blown obsession with that cardstock and simple rubber stamp! My style has since evolved into Clean and Simple by nature and necessity. I live pretty far from all of my family and I like to stay in touch with a handmade card every so often, but they have to stay fairly flat to make it through the mail undamaged. I will occasionally play around with other styles just for fun and variety!

Welcome Rachel & Michelle!
For my card, I decided to watercolour and use a brand new stamp from Stampin' Up! I LOVE this set and it was so much fun to watercolour! I stamped it with Ranger Archival ink and then watercoloured it with distress inks. The sentiment is from Winnie & Walter. 



The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!

(Featured Designer)


(Guest Designer)

10 comments:

  1. Your card is so gorgeous, Lesley, and WOW, I love all the different takes on the sketch by the DT, great job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your gorgeous card Lesley. A great sketch and beautiful cards by the designers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing inspiration, ladies! I just love the different sketch interpretations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercoloring is gorgeous! I need lessons . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous cards by you and your team Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your flowers, Lesley, oh so pretty and fab! I've been neglecting my teamies with blog love so I'm catching up! Have a fabulous week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sketch and the cards the design team made! Great and inspiring examples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley, your card is fabulous! I love that flower image and your watercoloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)